Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Happy Gotcha Day!!

Gotcha Day - May 8, 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007

May 8, 2007


One year ago today Peter and I met our precious Olivia. I remember going into the room and Nelson told us it would be a few minutes but as soon as he said it the girls came in with their nannies. The nannies sat down with them and I knew which one was Olivia. It wasn't hard to figure out since there were only two of them. They sat there a few minutes while Nelson took our info so the director knew we were the right people and then the nannies stood up and handed Olivia to me. She didn't cry and it surprised me that I didn't either. We had waited so long for this baby girl. I gave her a little toy and she was fine. She just kept looking at me. Poor Brianna cried the entire time.

The whole process only took about five minutes. We had to leave because another set of babies were coming in from a different orphanage. We saw them as we were leaving the building. On the way back to the hotel Olivia fell asleep. Once we got her back to the hotel we just sat her on the bed and just looked at her in "ah". We couldn't believe after waiting for so long we finally had our baby.

0 thoughts: