Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Adoption Support Group!

Our church has started an Adoption Support Group as well as an Adoption Ministry and I am really excited about it. I was suppose to go the first meeting last week but I got sick with a stomach bug for two days. The support group meets the first Tuesday of the month and I plan on going in May. Our church newspaper states that the topics will be about the process phase, fitting together with siblings and a multi-racial families, attachment disorders and much more. I am looking forward to the next meeting. Before the first meeting Peter and I were asked to tell our story that would be featured in our church newspaper. I got online today and there was the article I wrote and a quote by Peter along with another adoption story. Our church has several people who have adopted included our good friends the Saksons whose daughter Zoe is Olivia's BFF. I'm glad our church has decided to start a support group as well as a ministry because giving birth may be an act of nature but adopting is an act of God.

1 thoughts:

Sherri Sakson said...

Amen, Sister! Truly an act of God!