Monday, November 3, 2008

China Trip

Today I was looking through our pictures from our trip to get Olivia. I still remember that trip like it was yesterday. After I looked at all the pictures I felt very sad. I think because she will be our only child and I am having a hard time remembering her that little. When I was growing up I always wanted 3 children. Adoption never entered my mind because I thought I would be able to have my own children. I probably would have been able to if I would have married in my twenties. I didn't get married until I was 32 years old and Peter and I didn't start trying to have children until I was 34. I know in my heart that God's plan for me was to adopt Olivia because I saw Him revealing His plan to me little by little but there are still days I wish I could have had a child.
Gotcha Day!

On the way back to the hotel. Olivia passed out while Brianna cried the entire time.

Playing with her stacking cups.

Bath time. Her big beautiful eyes look so sad.

My favorite picture of her while in China.

My second favorite picture.

Smiling and having fun.

She could sleep anywhere.

My sweet baby.

Comforting herself.

Those sad eyes again!

1 thoughts:

The Tucker Bunch said...

Brooke...she has grown so much! She is such a beautiful baby girl! I know you are a proud momma!