Monday, November 10, 2008

Nia


This morning I took a new exercise class called Nia. I read about it in the magazine called "More". The magazine for woman over 40. After I read the article... I got on my computer and googled it and found a studio in the Heights which is only about 15 minutes away if there is no traffic. Luckily there was no traffic this morning at 9:00. Here is a quote from the studios webpage, "Nia is a dynamic cardiovascular workout that stimulates and integrates your mind/body/spirit and leaves you feeling recharged, rejuvenated, and fully alive. Nia blends dance, martial arts, and healing arts (including yoga) to allow your dancer, athlete, warrior, and child within to expressively emerge." I had a wonderful time. I have been looking for some type of exercise that included dance because I love to dance. It is an hour long class and I was tired but exhilarated by the end of the class. Right now I could go to sleep. I get up in the mornings and walk on my treadmill but I have never been this tired before... but it is a good tired. The studio offers two free weeks for Houston residents so I am taking advantage of it and have signed up for 5 more classes. Here is the studios website http://niamoves.com/.

2 thoughts:

Anonymous said...

Sydney went to pre-school with Nia Moves' owner's daughter. The whole family is super nice and I know that the owner (Christie) lost a lot of weight doing Nia (not that you need to lose weight....just letting you know that it is indeed a great workout).

Sherri Sakson said...

Yay, Brooke! What fun! Christie's daughter is in Zoe's dance class right now. Have fun, Nia woman!