Saturday, October 18, 2008

New Phone & New Dress!

I bought a new cell phone this evening. My plan was up a few months ago and the face on my phone had broken when it fell out of my lap onto the pavement when I was getting out of the car at a gas station about 8 months. I kept telling myself I was going to get a new one but just didn't want the hassle of dealing with the sales person and the phone still worked. But since my husband came home this evening from a wedding rehearsal a little bit richer I decided it was time for a new phone. I really wanted the Samsung BlackJack II but my husband told me I didn't need a PDA phone because I wouldn't use all the features and I knew I wouldn't but by him saying that I wanted it even more. I kept going between the BlackJack and the Pantech Matrix. I like the Pantech because it had dual sliding keypads and I would be able to actually type out a text message without leaving half the letters out of the words because it takes tooooooo long to text on a numerical keypad... at least it is for me. But I was lusting over the BlackJack because it came in pink. I love pink phones but the practical side of me chose the Pantech. I really hate when practicality wins and being frivalous loses... but by the end of the night my phone came out a lot less than the BlackJack. I know I will enjoy this phone because it also came with BlueTooth and my car is BlueTooth capability so I will be able to finally talk on the phone hands free while I drive... not that I ever talk on the phone while driving. :-)
I also bought a new dress today. And they said the economy is bad right now. Anyway several months ago a dress came into the store and I really wanted it but it was wwwwaaaayyy out of my price range. I knew the only way I would be able to get it was if it went on sale like 75% off. Well it has been on the sales rack for a couple of weeks and I kept eyeballing when I walked by it. This morning I didn't see it and I was a little upset but it was a size too small so I really didn't think it would fit. Anyway I was waiting for someone to give me something so I just walked around the corner to the sales rack and there was the dress. I knew it was fate (yeah right) so I went and tried on the one size too small dress and it FIT!!! So I bought it. It was actually 50% off but I get an additional 10% off on sales and when the manager rung it up she gave me another 10% off. I came out way ahead because I got the dress for much less than the wholesale cost. All in all it has been a good day for Brooke.

0 thoughts: