Monday, January 19, 2009

A Beautiful Day in Houston!

Today was a perfect day in Houston. The sun was shining, there was a slight breeze, it was around 68 degrees and the best part there was hardly any humidity at all. I wish everyday could be like today.
Olivia and I got up today and went to the zoo with half of Houston. There weren't alot of people when we got there but when we left it was packed. I got out of the zoo parking lot and ran into a ton of traffic. I had to turn around because I think the MLK parade was not too far from the zoo. Anyway we had a good time. Olivia got to see alot of animals and ride the carousel twice. We got home and I thought she would take a nap because we walked for nearly 2 hours but she just played in her bedroom for an 1 1/2. We played a game of Chutes and Ladder and waited for Daddy to come home so we could walk down to the park. It was such a great day I didn't want to waste too much of it. Daddy got home so we walked down to the park and stayed for about an hour and on the walk home Olivia decided to cry the entire time. She was tired and she didn't want to walk...she wanted to be carried. Our neighborhood is very active with walkers and there were several out on our way home. Everyone was asking what we did to Olivia. It was all in fun but she was howling pretty loud. Of course the minute we walk in the house she stops crying. Well all I know is that it will be an early evening for Olivia.
Having fun on the carousel.

Petting the goat at the zoo.

Pretty girl!

Riding the horse at the park.

Leaving the park happy.

0 thoughts: