Monday, August 4, 2008

Tropical Storm Edouard

We should start to feel TS Edouard later on this evening. When I was watching the weather this morning it was said that it will take about 24 hours for Edouard to leave but who knows what kind of damage it will leave behind. Living in SE Texas the majority of my life I have gone through several tropical storms and have had to evacuate once with Hurricane Rita. The tropical storms and even a Cat 1 hurricane aren't too bad. Just alot of rain and wind. The neighborhood I live in only the streets flood so we may not be able to get out at all tomorrow and we may lose electricity. I am not that worried about it. I am just glad it is not any worse than it is because I never want to have to evacuate again. The thought of 14 hours on the road with a 3 year old doesn't sound like a lot of fun.

0 thoughts: