Saturday, August 30, 2008

To leave or not to leave

With Hurricane Gustav almost in the Gulf of Mexico the question is..."To leave or not to leave?" Yesterday afternoon after I got home from work Peter and I discussed whether or not we should leave. What we did decide was to make reservations at a hotel and then we would go from there. We wanted at least some kind of back up plan. We called hotels all up IH-45 just before Dallas and not a hotel room could be found. So we started calling around San Antonio and found a room in Sequin and booked it but we had to cancel by 3:00 pm today if we decided not to go. I am sorry but we probably won't know if we should leave at least until Sunday morning or afternoon. So I called and canceled our reservations. During the time of calling hotels yesterday, my mom and I were on the phone and were trying to decide what to do. I have an aunt that lives in Denison which is about 6 hours away. I am in no mood to drive 6 hours or more depending on traffic and then turn around the next day and drive home because we were spared from Gustav. Guess what??? I forgot I have a cousin that lives in Austin. My aunt (her mother) lives in Baton Rouge and have left already and are heading to Austin. When my aunt talked to my cousin she said that we were all welcomed. So I have called her and left a message and praying she calls me back today. My mom and dad are coming to my house tonight so they can be at least and hour and a half closer to Austin and if we are spared then the drive won't be so bad. Do I think Gustav is going to hit us? No. The hurricane models continue to show it moving into Louisiana and that hasn't changed in 24 hours so no I don't think it will hit us. Am I going to be prepared to leave just in case??? Yes I am.

0 thoughts: