Monday, September 1, 2008

Big Girl Bed!!!

We finally got Olivia into her big girl bed. We were fortunate that her baby bed turned into a full size bed. Unfortunately we have to get extenders because the head or the foot board do not fit the bed frame. Oh well Daddy will have to get that done very soon. We went to Mattress Giant yesterday because they were having a sale and bought her the new mattress set. She had a lot of fun trying out the different beds. I wish I would have brought the camera.

I bought her new quilt set from Ebay a couple of weeks ago. It didn't come with a bed skirt and once we got the bed set up I realized I will need one so I got back on Ebay and bought a cute white eyelet bed skirt. I love Ebay! This past Spring I bought a step stool from a friend that paints furniture. It has her name and ladybugs on it and we have been using it in my bathroom because that is where I do her hair and she brushes her teeth in the morning. We had to move it upstairs by her bed because she can't get into it by herself.

After lunch today Olivia will be taking a nap so I am anxious to see how she does. I really don't think she will fall out of the bed because she has slept in beds when we have gone of vacation and to visit relatives...but she is so excited about it who knows.

Peter and I were leaving the room once we put everything up and we looked into her room and I said, "Our baby is growing up." Olivia is on the stairs and looks up at us at says, "I want to see the baby throwing up." The child cracks us up!




When I told her we were getting her a new big bed the first thing she said was that you and Daddy can get in bed and read with me.


Olivia received a dress up box for her birthday. She played with it a couple of times after her birthday but then put it up. Well, she found it the other day at that is all she has been playing with. She has put on all the different outfits but this by far is my favorite. Thanks Emma!!

1 thoughts:

Shar said...

She looks so TINY in that bed!! Emma is getting a new one soon as well. She's outgrowing her toddler bed fast. I love that outfit that Olivia put together. What a fashionista!
Sharon