Wednesday, September 3, 2008

I want to be Sleeping Beauty.



The other day I was looking at Halloween costumes and wondering what Olivia would be this year. I knew if I asked her she would tell me a princess. We have several play princess dresses and I refuse to buy her another princess dress. You ask, "Why doesn't she wear one of her own princess dresses?" Because are all a size too big and she shows too much skin for Mommy's liking.
Mommy: "Olivia, what do you want to be for Halloween?"
Olivia: "A princess."
Mommy: "What kind of princess?"
Olivia: "Arial."
Mommy: "Duh"
So later that day we got on the internet at looked at the different costumes.
Mommy: "How about Wonder Women?"
Olivia: "She looks like Spiderman."
Mommy: "What about a witch?"
Olivia: "I don't like witches. I want to be Sleeping Beauty."
Mommy: "What about a fairy?"
Olivia: "I don't like fairies. I want to be Cinderella."
Mommy: "What about Abby Cadaby?"
Olivia: "She's a doll."
Mommy: "How about a ballerina?" Olivia thinks for a second and...
Olivia: "I want to be Sleeping Beauty."

My this time I have had enough of looking for costumes. We did find a cute Asian Princess costume that she liked and she even said something about being Mulan but I know she really wants to be Sleeping Beauty. We are going to Disney/Epcot for the Food and Wine Festival at the end of the month so maybe I will be able to find something there that isn't too expensive and not a princess.

1 thoughts:

Anonymous said...

Good luck finding something that isn't a princess. Syd's been a princess for Halloween three years running now; this year she wants to be a bride. Apparently all little girls are alike in their costume desires!