Monday, September 22, 2008

Hurricane Ike

The first thing we saw when we opened up the doors after Hurricane Ike.





Olivia looking out into the courtyard. I took the picture from the other side of the courtyard.
Peter sweeping water off of our flat roof.
Olivia assessing the damage.
Helping Daddy push the leaves off the driveway.

When we woke up Sunday morning after it rained through the night.Looks almost like after the hurricane.
Olivia watching Poppy peel shrimp.
Daddy cleaning up the patio

Olivia helping me dry dishes only minutes from getting our electricity back. I should have washed the dishes earlier and who knows we might have gotten electricity sooner.

Pump in Up Party!

A little boy in Olivia's class had a "Pump it Up" party this past Saturday. His mom called on Thursday letting me know that the party been changed. She told me she thought she should cancel it but her husband told her no because that would give the people without electricity something to do. I agreed with him. It was a fun party. Last December we went to another "Pump it Party" and Olivia would not do anything by herself. Well she had a blast doing everything by herself this time. I was so proud of her.

My big girl sliding down the slide all by herself.
Olivia putting "go..go" juice in her car.

0 thoughts: