Saturday, September 20, 2008

We Have Electricity!!!

We got electricity about 10:00 this morning. Olivia and I were in the kitchen washing and drying dishes by hand and Peter was cleaning the floor and all of a sudden I hear 2 or 3 strange noises and the next thing I knew our lights were on. I jumped up and down screaming for joy, "We have electricity... we have electricity!!!" I almost started crying. We were very fortunate that the only thing wrong with the house was a few tiles by our door to the patio buckled while hundreds of people lost everything BUT I really didn't like not (definitely a double negative) having electricity for a week. I talked to my Mom yesterday and she asked how we were doing and I told her if we don't get electricity soon Peter and I will be divorcing. Not really... but we were getting on each other's nerves and Olivia was just a whole other matter. She really didn't understand what was going on but she reacted how Peter and I were behaving (badly). After 10:00 this morning we were a different family. I like Peter and Olivia again. :-) Please continue to keep southeast Texas in your prayers. There is still so much cleaning up to do; restoring power and re-building homes and even cities. I will post pictures tomorrow.

0 thoughts: