Friday, December 26, 2008

Merry Christmas

We had a wonderful Christmas!!! My parents, brother and his family and my cousin and her husband all came over to my house for Christmas. This is the first year I have ever had a holiday at my house. I felt like such an adult. My mom made her famous gumbo for lunch and it was delicious. We have so much food left over and I have no idea what to do with it. I really don't want to eat it. Peter made it worse by bringing food home from church. On Christmas Eve day none of the ministers and people helping with the services leave the church for lunch or dinner so people send food for everyone. Since Peter is in charge of worship he gets to bring all the food home. We have about 5 bags of chips, tamales, ham and the list goes on not counting the chicken spaghetti I had made for Christmas Eve and gumbo and pie and more. I gained 5 more lbs just thinking about and listing all the food.
After our lunch a lot of us sat around and talked. Peter and Jared played XBox, Olivia bossed Joel around and made him play with her and my brother and dad fell asleep. Once everyone woke up Peter got the Wii out and we all piled in the den and played and watched the Wii. The guys first played baseball and boxed and then Guitar Hero. Almost everyone had a turn at the guitar. It is a lot of fun. I am not very good at it but I do ok. After playing Guitar Hero I got out the Fit games and we hoola hooped; ski slalomed and skied. It was so funny watching everyone. When my mom skied she thought all she had to do was just ski straight down. She didn't realize she had to go in between the gates. It was such a fun day.
I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas!!
Olivia & her "Bitty Baby" from Santa Claus

Putting her baby to bed.

Silly girl!

The Miller family

Rodney & Poppy sleeping after lunch.

Olivia & "her" Jo-el

Peter & Jared playing Wii baseball.

Olivia & Joel putting Olivia's castle together.
Thanks Uncle Rodney, Aunt Theresa, Justin, Joel & Jared

Joel, Jared, Olivia & Justin - The Grandkids

0 thoughts: