Saturday, December 6, 2008

Thanksgiving, Book Fair & 9th Wedding Anniversary

I have been wanting to post for the past week but I couldn't find my cord to download my pictures. I finally found it today in my car of all places.
We had Thanksgiving at Peter's parents in Oklahoma and had a wonderful time. The weather was great so we got to get out and do some fun stuff. Last year the temperature didn't get out of the 30's or 40's so we stayed pretty much the entire time.
We went to bricktown and rode the boat down the riverwalk and ate at Toby Keith's restaurant. We got to see Peter's sister, his nephew and wife and 3 great nephews. It was a good time. Sorry for the short post I had so much more in my head to write a week ago. Enjoy the pictures.







Olivia's Day School Book Fair

This past week was Olivia's day school book fair. It was a lot of fun. Olivia got her picture taken with Santa Claus and on the last night there was a pizza party for pirates and mermaids. Ariel put in an appearance and sang a couple of songs.




Our 9 Year Wedding Anniversary

December 4th was our 9th year wedding anniversary. This is my favorite picture of our entire wedding album. I don't have a scanner so I had to take a picture of the actual picture. I think it turned out pretty good.
I can't believe we have been married for 9 years. We have been through a lot together in those short years. From Peter going back into the local church just a year after we were married even though he said he would never go back into the local church and I said I would never be a preacher's wife (G*d sure has a funny sense of humor); trying to have a child for 3 1/2 years and nearly 2 of those years doing fertility treatments to deciding to adopt a child from China; finding out a month after receiving our referral for Olivia we were moving to Houston; going to China to adopt Olivia and then only being home for 2 1/2 weeks before moving to Houston; leaving a church that we were at for 5 years and missing everyone terribly once we moved to Houston; moving away from my parents just when we get Olivia; starting over in a new church; trying to figure out how to be a Mom and Dad to an 11 month old. We managed to get through all of that and more and still have a terrific marriage. I look forward to many more years with my wonderful husband.

0 thoughts: