Sunday, December 7, 2008

Santa Claus


Today at church was our annual "March to the Manger". Most of the Sunday school age children bring an unwrapped toy for a local charity and then go to the manger and see Mary, Joseph and Jesus. It is great because we have real people playing them and they are told a little story and then sing a few songs. I teach a 3 yr old class and some of the kids didn't understand having to leave there gifts and got a little upset. They are so cute.
After Sunday school we had a luncheon so Olivia and I went because Peter was still in service. I enjoy being the preacher's wife the majority of the time but sometimes Olivia and I have to do a lot of things by ourselves because Peter is busy. Anyway, Santa made an appearance so I got a picture of Olivia with him. I am so glad because that means we don't have to go to the mall. She had her picture taken last week but I don't get a cd with the pictures I order and I like to put a picture of Olivia with Santa on the blog. I hope to get the Christmas tree up today. We bought a new one yesterday because our pre-lit tree's lights went out last year and Hobby Lobby was having a great sale on trees. So once Olivia gets up from her nap I hope to get it up and decorated. Next weekend we are making Christmas cookies so I will post pictures once we are done.

0 thoughts: